Sunday, June 1, 2014

Bilingualism is something that is very beneficial in my life. I have had several experiences in which being bilingual has helped me out. Some benefits of being bilingual include having the delayment of when Alzheimer's hits a person, being able to get a job easier, receiving an increase in pay, meeting people around the world who you are able to communicate with, and lastly, generally being more intelligent in some areas when it comes to solving problems. I personally feel like being bilingual can help me very much in my future.

Being bilingual is something that I am very proud of. I am thankful that my grandparents and my mother were able to teach me at such a young age. I have not encountered any disadvantages of knowing both Spanish and English. It has always helped me out. I plan on getting a job this year at a surf shop, and I will be a big help if any Spanish-speakers come into the store. When I graduate from college, I plan on pursuing a career as an engineer. I don't think being bilingual will really help me in that area, but who knows.Spanish and English are the only languages I know right now. I do not plan on learning another language, but if I do it'll be another romance language. My knowledge of Spanish will assist me, if I do learn French or any other romance language.

But overall, I have learned that being bilingual is generally a good thing that can benefit me in different aspects in life.



No comments:

Post a Comment